Instruction to disable in short
This Windows Update thing is pissing me off. If the Windows 10 is working, then why bother update. Most basic users don't need those additional so called security update. More like Microsoft is updating useless patches to make the computer slower.
You can edit the registry to disable Windows Update on a per user basis:
- Start regedit.exe on the machine where you want to disable Windows Update.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer.
- From the Edit menu, select New, DWORD value.
- Enter a name of NoWindowsUpdate, and press Enter.
- Double-click NoWindowsUpdate, and set it to 1.
- Close regedit.