Today got a customer who wants to format their HDD, however their hard drive cannot remove the protected partitions within disk management. They can only format volumes that are unprotected, thus wasting other disk space.
From EaseUS, they have created a nice working method to remove protected system partition. Make sure you use Windows PowerShell rather than Command Prompt. Steps as follows:
- Start Windows PowerShell with Administration privilege
- “diskpart” to enter disk partition
- “list disk” to find the disk drives
- “sel disk 1” an example to select disk 1
- “list partition” to check how many partitions
- “sel partition 1” to select partition 1 that is protected
- “SET ID=ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7” making the partition unprotected
Here is a nice video instruction:
If you would like us to do further data recovery services, feel free to contact us.